Where to find photographers who want to shoot you ( not literally shoot you but to take photos of you)?
- I would advise a few websites.
1) modelmayhem.com is where I've had the best luck. There is a good size community there and lots of people to ask for references.
2) isoconnection.com I personally have not used but I do know a few photographers that use this site and like it.
- I would be careful on Craigslist.com sometimes is great sometimes you find creepy stalker men.
On these sites they require a lot of information. How much should you post?
- things that you need to post
1) Your real height
2) Your current weight
3) Your current bust, waist and hip measurement for a woman and your chest, waist, and inseam for men.
4) 4 good basic photos of just yourself
- a head shot
- a body shot
- a 3/4 head shot or profile
- a body shot in 3/4 or profile or something you can do that is a talent
5) What you are really interested in shooting
- fashion requires a very narrow body type. If you fit what the agencies are looking for go for it!
- If nudes are a no for you do not put "will shoot nudes" in your profile.
6) A short introduction to yourself, what you want to shoot and any restrictions you have.
Ok now you have a profile up... now what?
- You can go and look at casting calls! These are the best way to meet new photographers. Just be sure to read the full posting and respond with something like, "hi I'm insertyournamehere" and I would really like to work with you on your "freakingawesomeidea". I am free Monday, Saturday and Sunday this week. Thank you, "insertyournamehere"
What does TF- mean?
- TF- Means "time for" either print or images. If the listing says time for print I always clarify to make sure if I am getting a physical print (not typical these days) or a digital copy.
Now to wait for the responses. Next post I will recommend ways to make sure the photographer you are looking at working with is who they say they are and are not going to try any funny business.